Your health and well-being are our top priority during these ever-changing times. While many questions regarding COVID-19 remain unanswered at this time, there are practical, commonsense ways for you to take care of yourself, protect others, and monitor latest developments.
Based on guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Qualified Staffing recommends employees:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Not wear a face mask unless they show symptoms of respiratory illness, including COVID-19
- Wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating; and after blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing (if soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol)
Employees who have questions or concerns regarding this information, Qualified Staffing’s leave policies, or any other issue, should speak with their Qualified Staffing representative. To learn more about the novel coronavirus and keep up with the latest developments, see the About Coronavirus Disease 2019 and CDC’s Frequently Asked Questions and Answers webpages. For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website.
According to the CDC, some people are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. This includes:
- Older adults
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions like:
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
If you consider yourself high risk, you should consult with your healthcare provider to understand what steps they recommend for your situation. If you doctor would recommend that you be off work, please contact your local branch to discuss next steps.
If You Have Symptoms
If you have symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, symptoms or has tested positive, please stay home and contact your Qualified Staffing branch office. Your health and the health of your coworkers is our top priority.